Get your team up and running on Foundation with our online training courses.
Foundation Training: Advanced Foundation
An implementation-focused course on kicking your Foundation skills up a notch.
Taught By The Authors
You'll be taught by the developers of Foundation and folks who use it everyday. You'll have the opportunity to ask them direct questions about Foundation.
Beyond the Basics
The course covers a number of advanced topics and scenarios to help you implement better responsive sites even faster using Foundation.
Attend From Anywhere
The course is held online using GoToMeeting, so you can attend from anywhere.
Attend Our Next Training
$299 per person
An in-depth course covering the techniques and application of Foundation for sophisticated product design.
Want to learn how to use Foundation with Sass? We also have a Sass Training class.
Mastering The Grid with Brandon Arnold | 9:00AM - 9:45AM
- Medium Grid Foundation 5 offers a second breakpoint, learn how to write that markup and start building for tablet sized devices.
- Centering Multiple Columns Learn the easiest way to center two or more columns on your page.
- Collapsing Columns Learn the easiest way to center two or more columns on your page.
- Overlapping Columns Breakthrough the grid and get your columns to overlap over each other.
- Equal Height Columns Getting your columns to share the same height when they have different amounts of content within.
- Complex Data Tables With The Grid Putting it all together to create a complex nested data grid that looks great on all device sizes.
Foundation’s Best Practices with Ghaida Zahran | 10:00AM - 10:45AM PDT
- File Structure Learn the Foundation way of structuring your file folders and our efficient use of CSS imports.
- SASS and _settings.scss Take full advantage of Foundations SASS structure and learn how to alter nearly anything in Foundation with just a couple quick changes.
- SASS Versioning Use multiple versions of the Foundation gem on the same machine.
- Media Queries Showing how to specify which size screen your CSS will alter.
- HiDPI Ready Assets Preparing your assets for HiDPI screens by taking advantage of SVGs.
- Compression & Deployment: The best ways to deploy the smallest and most efficient files.
- Interchange Make sure your mobile browsers only load the graphics that are appropriate for them.
- Abide Pure HTML5 form validation can be a snap.
- Advanced Top Bar Take complex navigation items and alter it with ease.
- Orbit Sizing Full screen, small screen, fixed height, dynamic height; Using orbit for all media types and sizes.
Tips and Tricks with Caleb Winters | 12:00PM - 12:45PM PDT
- Icon Fonts Don’t import image files for every icon, use Foundations icon Fonts to quickly add HiDPI ready icons in your next project.
- Visibility Classes Create neat navigation techniques with the visibility classes built into Foundation.
- Mega-Dropdown Use the Foundation Dropdown classes to create complex grid navigation for your desktop users.
- Masonry Grid Integrate jQuery with the Foundation grid to create a responsive masonry grid.
- Off Canvas Create sliding menus or content areas on your mobile devices.
What Folks Are Saying
Gordon Suttie Head of Innovation, Digital Services Capgemini UK